capacity4dev.eu Launches Gender Week
Dear Gender Group Members,
From 4 March, capacity4dev.eu will hold a special Gender Week to mark International Womenâ€™s day 2013.
This will be a good opportunity to highlight gender related topics, policies and projects developed by EuropeAid and its partners. Gender week will also be an opportunity to see how the gender issue is being addressed around the world.
Planned features for Gender Week include:
- In a Voices & Views, EuropeAidâ€™s Head of Unit for Governance, Democracy, Gender and Human Rights Jean-Louis Ville assesses the results of the second update of the Gender Action Plan.
- RenÃ©e Zandvliet, from the Civil Society and Local Authorities unit, has written a Vocies and Views based on her recent visit to Ghana, one of Africaâ€™s most promising countries. There, she met members of Abantu for Development, a womenâ€™s group working to strengthen the capacity of women to participate in decision-making at all levels.
- Kristian Schmidt, EuropeAid's Director of Human and Society Development, has written a blog on gender progresses, to be posted on Wednesday.
- Virginie Ramey, a gender Policy Officer with Europe Aid, has also fed capacity4dev.eu with interesting examples and projects from EU Delegations in Asia, Africa and other parts of the world.
- To mark this special occastion, the Gender Unitâ€™s Biannual newsletter will be posted on capacity4dev.eu on International Women's Day.
We also count on your participation! Please take the opportunity to share any interesting information, views or ongoing projects you may have related to gender.