EC Workshop on Technical Cooperation reform and Capacity Development
- Brussels workshop on Capacity Development - 4th 5th July 2011 - Workshop messages
- CD Workshop report
- TC & CD Workshop: List of participants
- TC reform: What has been achieved so far? - Paul Riembault
- TC & CD Workshop: Background Note
- TC / CD Workshop: Final Agenda
- Capacity Development in the Private sector - Robert Leblanc and Paul Beaulieu
- Capacity Development in the private sector - Additionnal notes from Leblanc-Beaulieu
- Support to CD in Public Financial Management - Carole and Nico Pretorius
- Public Financial Management Guide
- 2iE - CD through higher education - Francis Semporé
- Erasmus Mundus Programme - Stephanie Kunisch
- The European Training Foundation ETF - Manuela Prina
- A Capacity Development “Roadmap” to Busan - Jim Hradsky
- EU operational framework - EU Member States CD review - Gwenaelle Corre
- CD and TC in the Health Sector in the Philippines - Anja Bauer
- Introducing the Operational Framework on Aid Effectiveness - Laura Mascagna
- Capacity Development in Timor Leste
- Opportunity Framework for CD - Enzo Caputo
The purpose of the event, which took place in Brussels on 4 and 5 July 2011, was to further strengthen the technical cooperation reform process of the EC and to take stock of currently achieved results.
The workshop also provided opportunities to look at selected cases from the EC and other organisations and to discuss how a new approach to TC can effectively contribute to CD.
Finally, the event has identified messages to be taken forward at the next High-Level Forum taking place in Busan, Korea, in November 2011.
This workshop is open by invitation only to EU Headquarters, EU Delegations and development practitioners from Member States’ development agencies working on CD and TC issues.
In mid-2008, as part of its commitment to aid effectiveness, the European Commission adopted a reform to enhance its approach to Technical Cooperation (TC) and Project Implementation Units (PIUs) with a view to support Capacity Development (CD) more effectively. The European Union also addressed this issue as part of its Operational Framework for Aid Effectiveness, adopted in November 2009 by the EU Council.
Workshop TC/CD; 4-5 July 2011
"How can we be more effective in supporting Capacity Development?"
Venue : Management Center Europe – 118, Rue de l'Aqueduc - Bruxelles
08.45-09.15 Welcome /Coffee
Mr. Rudischhauser, Dir. EuropeAid B
09.30-11.00 Review of the TC Reform (I)
Anja Bauer/ Violetta Corpus
EUD Manila + Gov. of Philippines
11.15-13.00 Review of TC Reforms (II)
14.00-15.30 From TC Reform to a wider
15.45-17.30 From TC Reform to a
Francisco de Costa Soares, Gov. of Timor Leste + Discussion
08.45-09.15 Welcome/ Coffee
09.15-11.00 From TC Reform to a wider
11.15-13.00 From TC Reform to a wider
Cases in working groups:
Feed-back of working group messages
(EACEA) + Discussion
14.00-15.15 International learning on CD:
- Presentation and discussion on lessons learned and possible messages from this meeting
Jim Hradsky (OECD/ DAC)
15.30-16.20 Bringing the CD perspective into
16.20-17.00 Presenting the final
End of the Workshop
WORKSHOP FINAL MESSAGES (1 page)
This event is of the type Group event.