Connecting the Development Community
Capacity4dev.eu is a growing online community for development practitioners and in the three years of its existence, it has grown to become the primary online knowledge sharing resource for the Commission. This interactive platform was set up by EuropeAid to enhance knowledge through the exchange of practices on effective international cooperation.
Capacity4dev.eu provides an open forum for Commission staff, partner countries, other donors, researchers and civil society representatives to share ideas and expertise.
|Capacity4dev.eu was originally set up to support a comprehensive reform, called the Backbone Strategy on "Reforming Technical Cooperation (TC) and Project Implementation Units (PIU)", launched in July 2008. The platform has since expanded to incorporate a host of topic areas relevant to the development community.|
Technical Cooperation Reform is central to the rationale of capacity4dev.eu, through these fundamental principles:
- promoting capacity development
- taking account of specific and broad context analysis
- adopting a results orientation
- promoting ownership
- working through harmonised and aligned action
- considering different and innovative options for the provision of development cooperation
The platform offers “Voices & Views” –– condensed pieces of knowledge in an easy to digest format, which are the result of a collaborative process among colleagues and peers. Daily knowledge exchange occurs within the Groups (public or closed), where topical issues, studies, workshops and documents are presented, surveys occur and professional advice is sought. Groups can be set up to discuss issues, exchange experiences, or prepare for new initiatives.
The Coordination Team
Capacity4dev.eu is supported by a Coordination Team that can help you contribute to ‘Voices & Views’, upload other information or provide tips and tricks on how to set up and moderate your groups. In order to better promote the quality of aid, capacity development and knowledge exchange, most of the members of this team are development professionals and as such are also involved in other tasks. They are:
- Jan Ten-Bloemendal, Head of Unit A2 Quality of Delivery Systems
- Paul Riembault, Head of section Capacity Development (CD) and Project / Programme Management Cycle (PPCM) in the A2 unit
- Maria Sancho, Quality Management Officer in the CD section
- Arnaud Zajtman and Jacquetta Hayes are part-time Senior Knowledge Editors
- Gloria Jaconelli, Knowledge Exchange Coordinator
- Christoforos Korakas, Development Manager
- Coralie Mugerin and Sorina Juglan share the "helpdesk" function
To contact a member of the Coordination Team, use the Contact Form.
See what some of our users have to say about the benefits and advantages of capacity4dev.eu: