on Tue, 23/12/2014 - 12:45
The EUWI is based on a participative multi-stakeholder approach. Various strategic partnerships in specific regions draw together government, civil society, private sector and other stakeholders. A number of working groups has been established. Working groups have either a regional focus (e.g. Africa, Mediterranean, EECCA and Latin America) or they concentrate on cross-cutting issues (e.g. Research, Finance). The Coordination Group (CG) ensures coherence of all EUWI activities.
The Multi Stakeholder Forum
- Is an advisory body and an open forum for debate
- Members represent water development interests in the focus regions
- Annual meeting are held at the World Water Week to review the EUWI activities
The Coordination Group
- Has a limited number of members and represents the broad multi-stakeholder interest in the EUWI.
- Gives feed back on annual work plans and reports from the Working Groups
- Chaired by EC, meets twice a year
The Regional Working Groups for Africa, Latin America, EECCA and the Mediterranean.
- Open to representatives from member states, partner countries and other interested organisations.
- Responsible for implementing the EUWI mission objectives.
- Designs work plans and monitoring indicators
- Currently separate working groups exist for Finance, Research and Communication exists.
- Should be addressed within each Regional WG.
The Secretariat is managed by the EC (it includes the directorates DEV, ENV, RTD, RELEX, JRC and EuropeAid) and
- Manages communication and prepares meetings
- Compiles the annual report