In order to maintain a friendly and pleasant atmosphere on the platform we have implemented some basic Terms and Conditions /rules of conduct, which may be updated by us from time to time without previous notice. All visitors who participate and use the capacity4dev.eu platform facilities are expected to read and agree with these rules and policies and to not breach any of them. Please take a moment to familiarise yourself with the platforms' guidelines:
The following are deemed to constitute inappropriate content. Posting such content may result in account suspension or banning as well as the removal of the offending posts:
- Posts or images of a defamatory, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane or threatening nature. This includes any messages or material ethnically, racially, religiously or sexually offensive, insulting or demeaning.
- Posts or images that violate any laws or regulations, including copyright
- Advertising of products or services without our prior consent or the adequate context. You can talk about you or your company through your Personal Profile but no advertisement as such will be allowed Registering to solely to promote your self, your company or others could eventually lead to the user removal from the site.
- Discussion of illegal activities including software and movie piracy and other intellectual property infringement.
- Posting other people's personal contact information (i.e. telephone numbers, addresses etc) on any publicly viewable forums.
- Any content that contains viruses, Trojan horses, or the like, or other computer programming routines that may damage or interfere with the website;.
- Anything else deemed inappropriate by us.
- Links to any of the above.
Specific Copyright Issues
- The content on this website is free of copyright except if stated otherwise. Nevertheless, we require that you cite the source as ‘capacity4dev.eu’, respect the original content and include a link to the content on capacity4dev.eu. Material on capacity4dev.eu is not intended for commercial use.
- When contributing original work authored or created by you on capacity4dev you agree that the contribution will be freely available to the users of capacity4dev. Further reproduction or use of your contribution in including on other websites or in any other form will be possible as long as the original content of your contribution is kept, you are cited as the author and a link is provided to the original posting of your work on capacity4dev.eu
- Contributions from European Institution Officials are bounded by the generic Copyright terms applicable. http://ec.europa.eu/geninfo/legal_notices_en.htm
- When you contribute on capacity4dev.eu contents that are not authored or owned by you (such as (but not limited to) Documents, Pictures, Video Audio or any other content and combination of contents or direct links to them) it is your responsibility to ensure that by doing so you do not infringe any third party's copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy; violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation. capacity4dev.eu will not be held liable in any such a case.
Expected behaviour of members and suggestions for better posting
- Keep all contributions within the appropriate community area of interest.
- Use short, clear and concise titles when posting documents or blog entries.
- Please make an effort to communicate yourself as clearly as possible.
- Refrain from using foul or offensive language.
- All content posted by users express the views of the author, and capacity4dev.eu will not be held responsible for any offending message, comment, post or other material posted on the site.
- Treat all other capacity4dev.eu members in a respectful and courteous manner at all times, even in the event of disagreements.
- Users who are not recognized as Administrators, Editors, Moderators etc., with full credentials should not pretend to be such by using "administrator", "Editor" or "Moderator" in their Member's name, or profile.
While these rules cover most common situations, they cannot anticipate everything. Consequently we reserve the right to take any actions we deem appropriate to ensure capacity4dev.eu functioning is not disrupted or abused in any way.
Report a Rule Infraction
If you feel that specific content or a fellow capacity4dev.eu member breaks the portal's policies and rules of conduct, please report it to the capacity4dev.eu Management Team through the contact form on the site.
We reserve the right to close or ban, temporarily or permanently, any user's account as we deem necessary. The user will be notified and informed of the reasons and measures taken.
Should you feel you have been treated unfairly by an Administrator, Editor, Moderator etc. you may appeal directly to us through the contact form on the site. When contacting us, please provide the email address you used to sign up. We do not discuss the suspension of members or any disciplinary action taken with the general public.